Greek Breakfast Egg Muffins are a healthy, quick & delicious way to start your day, and will serve most special diets as they’re vegetarian, keto and gluten-free.Jump to Recipe
So, how do you feel about breakfast? Based on my empirical studies there seems to be two distinct camps: those who love breakfast for dinner, and those who’d prefer dinner for breakfast. I’m definitely in the second camp (Birthday breakfast when I was a kid? A steak and fried potatoes. Not joking.) But I actually think these Greek Breakfast Egg Muffins will speak to both camps.
Breakfast lover or not – I’m betting you want your weekday breakfast to be quick. And that’s definitely achieved here. Both in the initial baking, and when the time comes for grabbing a breakfast muffin. 5 minutes of prep, 20 minutes of cooking, and then the time it takes to unwrap it. And maybe, if you like a warm breakfast, 30 seconds in the microwave (a minute and a half if heating from frozen) to get just a little bit of heat
And let’s talk taste. These Greek Breakfast Egg Muffins are DELICIOUS! And I’m not even a big egg fan! But they taste like the best kind of omelet, filled with classic greek flavors from feta cheese, sundried tomatoes and flavorful black olives. You could do tons of other flavorings as well (and I will definitely be back with more of my favorite versions in the coming weeks!), just use the base of eggs and cream and add whatever tickles your tastebuds the best.
Another perk of these Greek Breakfast Egg Muffins and of breakfast muffins in general, is that they’re the perfect snack to bring along to work. I usually do two for breakfast together with an apple or orange, and bring one along for an afternoon snack. I promise your co-workers will be jealous!
Not more to say, really – what are you waiting for? Quick, easy, healthy and delicious – this makes even a “dinner for breakfast” kinda gal like me love breakfast.
If you make these Greek Breakfast Egg Muffins, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you and to see your versions of my recipes – that’s why my favorite thing ever is when you tag me on Instagram when you show off your creations!
Greek Breakfast Egg Muffins
- 10 eggs
- 1 dl cream
- 150 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes (weight excl. oil), chopped
- 50 g black olives, pitted
- Set the oven for 175 C/350 F. Place 16 muffin liners in a muffin tray.
- Beat the eggs and mix in all the other ingredients. Pour into muffin liners on muffin tray and bake in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes until golden and solidified.
- Mix up the flavors if you like, just mix the eggs & cream and add in your favorite flavors.
- Keep the muffins in the fridge or freezer - if keeping them in the freezer, thaw them in room temperature overnight or by heating them 90 seconds in the microwave.